- What: Jazz History Tour
- When: August 25, 2018 | 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Where: Historic Jazz District & Multiple Sites
- Tickets: $40
In partnership with BAC Horn Doctor, KCMO and Midnight Blue Jazz, LLC this year’s celebration will include an expanded version of our popular Jazz History Tour.
We have expanded our Jazz History Tour experience this year!
- Two-phase tour consisting of a short walking tour within the historic jazz district,
- Special district development presentation
- The musical salute to Bird
- Air-conditioned bus tour to sites that played a significant role in the development of Kansas City’s formidable jazz scene.
- Patrons will also be provided with a complimentary KC Jazz Self-Guide Tour Booklet!
- 9:40 am – Registration/ American Jazz Museum Atrium
- 10:00 – Phase 1 Walking Tour Begins
- 10:50 – Load Buses/ Depart
- 11:00 – Explore the outdoor Exhibition at 12th Street & Vine
- 11:30 – Lunch under the tent at Goin’ to Kansas City Plaza at 12th & Vine
- 12:00 pm – Presentation – Tomorrow’s Historic Jazz District
- 12:15 – Musical Salute to Bird at “The Bowl”
- 1:00 – Load Buses. Begin Phase 2 Tour to Significant Jazz Venue sites
- 3:00 – Return to Historic Jazz District. END TOUR
- Dr. Jacob Wagner – Associate Professor of Urban Planning and Design, UMKC
- Christopher Burnett – COO/ Founder of ARC – Artists Recording Collective
Limited tour seating ...