SIGN UP & BRING YOUR INSTRUMENT
The 3-day tuition is $75 per person.
Tuition is due before the first session.
RSVP by telephone to 913-250-5141.
Credit and Debit cards will be processed on-site via Square reader.
Personal checks should be made payable to Christopher Burnett.
Use our PayPal button to buy now (includes $3.20 processing fee)
No refunds for this service.
3-Day Jazz Improvisation Intensive
- DAY 1: Monday, June 4 – Essential baseline knowledge and skills
- DAY 2: Tuesday, June 5 – Reading the language of jazz chord symbols
- DAY 3: Wednesday, June 6 – The common song forms and chord progressions used in jazz
Jazz Improvisation Intensive (JII) is a 9-hour program to demystify the process of applying essential elements of music to the act of improvising in context with given chord progressions in jazz music.
JII will unlock the rest of the inherent musical talent within each of us that allows improvisation to be a seamless process along with other aspects of jazz muscicianship.
WHO IS JII FOR?
- The sessions are designed to meet musicians where they are technically and intellectually as performing jazz artists.
- The sessions will be useful to any teacher who would like to connect knowledge previously attained in other coursework and master classes toward jazz applications and jazz instructional uses.
- The sessions will be excellent preparation for getting the most out of attendance at other workshops and camps like UMKC Jazz Camp, University of Kansas Jazz Camp, Berklee College of Music Summer Sessions, Jamey Aebersold Jazz Camp, etc.
- Handouts and lesson plan materials will be provided in printed form.
- Additional copies will be available in PDFs as digital downloads from Sheet Music Plus (Hal Leonard).
- Keyboard and Whiteboards on site.
WHERE ARE THE SESSIONS?
- All three sessions will be held in the classroom space above the Tune Shop, Inc. music store located at 514 Delaware Street in historic downtown Leavenworth, Kansas.