Booking Contact: (913) 250-5141
A member of the official touring roster for the state of Kansas, CbQ is an eclectic instrumental music ensemble comprised of accomplished professional artists. Repertoire includes Burnett original compositions and select jazz masterworks. Grant funding is available to regional and midwest presenters.
An intriguing mix of brilliantly constructed original compositions and including the select works by other noted composers. Artistically engaging music and pleasing to listen to, this ensemble has found that right balance between art, creativity, and engagement.
As music professors and active educators, the ensemble is available for music master classes and clinics in the community or at educational institutions. Subjects include instrumental pedagogy, music theory, jazz improvisation and the sharing of insights from the myriad of training and real-world professional experiences each ensemble member inherently possesses.
TECHNICAL RIDER / CONTRACTS
This section contains all of the major logistical considerations to get our ensemble engaged at your venue. Most of our performances will require a signed contract be executed in good faith by both parties. This contract can be one that your organization already utilizes or one that we provide. Please note that as members of the American Federation of Musicians, we utilize contracts that are based upon A.F. of M. guarantees and standards where performance fees and work conditions are concerned. Don’t let union membership “scare” you, it is an assurance to you of both, the high quality of our music and our professionalism as business people. Costs include performance fee, along with transportation expenses, lodging, and associated meals of the day as applicable.
We require the normal sized (20’ x 20’) stage area to present.
ELECTRICAL POWER REQUIREMENT
We require access to three outlets of grounded 120v electricity.
- Tuned Grand Piano – Steinway or Yamaha preferred.
- Professional Jazz Drum Set Kit with Hardware.
- 3 Stage Monitors
- 1 Straight Stand Microphone for Speaking and Announcements
- Grand Piano as applicable
- Direct Box for Amplifier if Electronic Piano is used
- Direct Box for Guitar Amplifier
- Direct Box for Bass Amplifier
- *Note: Mr. Burnett uses a Shure Wireless System for his saxophone.
- 4 Professional Grade Music Stands (Hamilton, Wenger, etc.)
FOR SMALL LOCAL VENUES ONLY
We are self-contained with regard to musical equipment and instruments:
- All Instruments and Amplifiers
- All Music and Music Stands
- Public Address System (only if your venue does not have one)